143. Wow, it’s been a while.
November 15, 2011 § 1 Comment
Jeesh. It’s been two weeks since my last post!! TWO WEEKS! That’s a lot of time to pass by without writing to you.
I’m currently a bit torn about this blog situation. It is outdated, the title no longer applies, I have less and less time to update, yet letting this blog go is akin to sending your firstborn child off to college. It’s inevitable, it’s been a long time coming, but you gotta suck it up and say goodbye.
…I’ll do it soon, but sometime in the near future. Not quite ready to part ways yet :)
So, I’m going to be completely honest and pre-warn you that this will be a pretty shallow entry. Deep-thinking-energy is currently being consumed at work and that leaves you with surface-level-thinking posts. So off we go with random updates!
* * * * *
1. I’ve been carrying on a long and drawn-out war with an ant colony occupying my kitchen. At first, it was just a couple of ants here and there and I figured they need to eat and stay alive just like any other creature so I let it go. But my leniency and altruism has been pushed to its boundaries because this morning there were piles and piles of them all over my garbage and kitchen floor. It was disgusting and the sight of it made me nauseous. I stepped around the ants to my fridge so I can get some breakfast but the thought of preparing food in the midst of a sea of ants had me gaggin and running out the door. No more ant-altruism for me. Time to bring the Raid on.
2. The couple living above me have sex all the time. Like, ALL THE TIME. In the morning, in the night, during Sunday brunch, during Saturday brunch, during Monday brunch…you get the point. DON’T THEY EVER GET TIRED OF EACH OTHER?!?! Le sigh. As an aural witness to their lovemaking, I can report that while they don’t vocalize much groaning & moaning, but they definitely are quite enthusiastic about their bodies slapping against one another in oddly rhythmical moments for prolonged periods of time. …and then after 5 minutes of silence starting all over again. nice.
3. Speaking of sex, I read my first harlequin romance novel. Of course, I pick up the one in which the main character is a nerdy girl with n00b tendencies and she gets her feet swept away by some hunky chunky alpha-male figure…so, all in all, I highly enjoyed it HAHA. Though I don’t see myself reading these on a regular basis, they are highly valuable once-every-blue-moon spoiler-reads lol.
My first Harlequin romance novel! Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl. Short and sweet, steamy and cheesy at times, but all in all a decent read for those days when you don’t want to think too much and just indulge.
4. I LOVE this product:
5. WORK! JOB! Um…gosh. I know some of you guys are curious and want detailed updates but I really don’t even know where to begin. So much learning, so much exposure, so many new experiences. So much to soak in I don’t think my brain is even close to processing it all. To make my life easier, I’m going to try to cover all my bases in seven statments:
- Working at Zappos is sometimes a sh*tshow.
- Office-based interpersonal social skill is a delicate instrument that one must master with delicate fingers, hyperaware mindfulness, and an impeccable sense of balance; this is very difficult for me because reading people is an underdeveloped skill of mine.
- Every time I see the CEO I want to say hi but I flip the eff out.
- Sometimes the work I do involves glazed-eye repetition, sometimes the work I do is creative and engaging. Yay for balance.
- It hasn’t even been two weeks yet I feel like I’ve been here at least two months.
- Making ‘friends’ is still a slowwww process, but I can tell I work with very competent and knowledgable co-workers, mentors, and managers – it’s nice to be surrounded by such presence.
- Heheheheheheh :)
6. Last but not least, I’ll be running my first half-marathon in a couple of weeks!! Eeek! Super nervous, but it’s going to be awesome – the running course takes place on the Las Vegas strip during nighttime! That means flashing lights and architecture everywhere while the streets of Vegas are completely empty except for runners…and not to mention all the rock bands that will be playing every couple of miles. I am so excited I would call this an occasion to use the word “stoked.” :)